Terms and conditions
Article 1. Definitions
- The client/customer: the natural person or the legal entity who/which has provided the Contractor with the Assignment to execute work.
- The Contractor/Sentiel Watches/We/Us: The party that has accepted the Assignment/agreement.
- You: the consumer, the party in the contract that pays and receives our product/service.
- Consumers are natural persons who conclude contracts for a purpose that cannot be attributed to their commercial or professional activity.
Article 2. Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to: all offers, tenders, Assignments, legal relationships and Agreements, by whatever name, for which the Contractor undertakes/will undertake to execute work for the Client, as well as all work ensuing therefrom for the Contractor.
- You have agreed to these terms and conditions by: ordering from us, using our website (sentielwatches.com). Make sure that you read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
Article 3. Confirmation
Once we have received your order, we will send you an electric invoice to your e-mail address containing the confirmation of your order. This invoice acts as a receipt and also proof of purchase. We recommend that you save this receipt in order to facilitate any contact with our customer service.
Article 4. EXECUTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- The Contractor will execute the Assignment to the best of his/her abilities and with due regard to the applicable legislation and (Professional) regulations.
- The Contractor determines the manner in which the Assignment will be executed and by which Employee(s).
- The Contractor has the right to have Work executed by a third party to be appointed by the Contractor.
Article 5. (PROFESSIONAL) REGULATIONS
- The Client will provide full cooperation to the obligations ensuing for the Contractor from the applicable (Professional) regulations.
- The Contractor will take suitable measures for the protection of the personal data and other confidential information originating from the Client. The Contractor will inform the Employees and the third parties to be engaged of the confidential character of the information. The processing by the Contractor will take place in conformity with the applicable (inter)national legislation and (Professional) regulations in the field of the protection of personal data.
- The Client is aware that the Contractor is in some cases obliged on the basis of (inter)national legislation or (Professional) regulations to disclose the Client’s confidential information. In so far as necessary the Client hereby provides permission and cooperation to such disclosure, including (but not limited to) in the cases that the Contractor:
- must report executed or intended unusual transactions described in legislation and (Professional) regulations, which become known to the Contractor during the execution of the Work, to the authorities appointed for this purpose by the government;
- must report fraud in specific situations;
- is obliged to conduct an investigation of the (the identity of) the Client, or the Client’s client.
- The Contractor excludes liability for loss or damage sustained by the Client due to the Contractor’s compliance with the legislation and (Professional) regulations to which it is subject.
- Parties will impose their obligations on the basis of this article on any third parties to be engaged by them.
Article 6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The execution of the Assignment by the Contractor does not include the transfer of intellectual property rights that are vested in the Contractor. All intellectual property rights arisen during, or ensuing from, the execution of the Assignment belong to the Contractor.
- The Client is expressly prohibited from reproducing, publishing or utilising the products which the Contractor’s intellectual property rights are vested in, or as the case may be the products intellectual property rights are vested in with regard to the use of which the Contractor has acquired the rights of use. This concerns for example (but is not limited to): computer programs, system designs, working methods, advice, (model) contracts, reports, templates, macros, and other intellectual work.
- The Client is not permitted to provide the products referred to in the second subclause to third parties without prior permission in writing from the Contractor. This does not apply in the event that the Client wishes to acquire an expert opinion regarding the execution of the Work by the Contractor. In that event the Client will impose the Client’s obligations on the basis of this article on the third parties engaged by the Client.
Article 7. Force Majeure
- If parties cannot, not in a timely manner, or not properly fulfil the obligations under the Agreement resulting from force majeure within the meaning of Section 75, Book 6 of the Civil Code, these obligations will be suspended until the time when parties will be able to fulfil these in the agreed manner.
- In the event that the situation occurs as referred to in the first subclause, parties will have the right to terminate the Agreement, wholly or in part, in writing and with immediate effect, without the right to any compensation existing.
- If at the occurrence of the force majeure situation the Contractor has already partially fulfilled the agreed obligations, the Contractor will be entitled to in the interim separately invoice the executed Work, and the Client must pay this invoice as if it concerned a separate transaction.
Article 8. PAYMENT
- Payment by the Client of the amounts owed to the Contractor must take place, without the Client having any right to any deduction, reduction, suspension, or setoff, within 30 days after the invoice date, unless agreed otherwise. The day of payment is the day the amount owed is credited to the account of the Contractor.
- If the Client has not paid within the period referred to in the first subclause, the Client will be in default by operation of law and the Contractor will be entitled to charge the statutory (commercial) interest from that time.
- If the Client has not paid within the period referred to in the first subclause, the Client will be obliged to pay all judicial and extrajudicial (collection) costs actually incurred by the Contractor. The reimbursement of the costs incurred will not be limited to any order to pay costs determined by the court.
- In the event of a jointly provided Assignment the Clients will be jointly and severally liable for the payment of the invoice amount and the interest and costs owed.
- If the financial position or the payment record of the Client gives cause for this in the opinion of the Contractor, or if the Client omits to make an advance payment, or to pay an invoice within the payment term set out for this, the Contractor will be entitled to require that the Client promptly provides (additional) security in a form to be determined by the Contractor. If the Client omits to provide the required security, the Contractor will be entitled, without prejudice to the Contractor’s other rights, to immediately suspend further performance of the Agreement, and all that which the Client owes to the Contractor on whatsoever basis, will be immediately due and payable.
- In the event that no payment has been received after submitting your order, Sentiel Watches may automatically cancel your order.
Article 9. PERIODS/TERMS
- If a period/term has been agreed between the Client and the Contractor within which the Assignment must be executed and the Client omits to: (a) make an advance payment – if agreed – or (b) make the necessary Documents available in a timely manner, completely, in the required form and in the required manner, the Client and the Contractor will enter into consultation regarding a new period/date within which the Assignment must be executed.
- Periods/terms within which the Work must be completed are only to be deemed to be a final deadline if this has been agreed expressly and in so many words (in writing) between the Client and the Contractor.
Article 10. Delivery and cancelation
- Sentiel Watches ships worldwide. Deliveries are made in cooperation with the postal services and their partners. You have the right to cancel purchases and return delivered goods by contacting Sentiel watches’ customer service within fourteen days from receiving the goods.
- In cases, you as a customer believe that the delivery is delayed in such a way that you no longer wish to fulfill the order, it is your responsibility to cancel the order. In cases where the order has been dispatched, the customer is required to receive the order.
- Cancelation is not valid until a confirmation of cancelation has been sent by Sentiel Watches.
- If a product has been discontinued or is out of stock. Sentiel watches reserves the right to cancel the order and refund the paid amount to the customer.
Article 11. Fraud
All frauds are reported to the authorities and Sentiel Watches reserves the right to cancel the purchase if any suspicion is raised.
Article 12. Termination
Article 13. APPLICABLE LAW AND CHOICE OF FORUM
- The Agreement is governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes will be resolved by the competent court in the district in which the Contractor is established.
- The provisions of sub clauses 1 and 2 of this article will not affect the possibility on the part of the Client to submit a dispute to the Disputes Board and/or to submit a complaint to the Contractor personally, the Accountancy Division (disciplinary law) or the Complaints Committee (right of complaint).
Article 14. REPAIR CLAUSE
- If any provisions of these general terms and conditions or of the underlying Assignment/Agreement might be wholly or in part null and void and/or invalid and/or unenforceable as a result of any statutory regulation, judicial decision, or otherwise, this will have no consequences whatsoever for the validity of all other provisions of these general terms and conditions or the underlying Assignment/Agreement.
- If any provision in the Assignment or any part of the Assignment cannot be relied on in law, the remaining part of the Assignment will remain in full force, always provided that provisions in the part which cannot be relied on will be deemed to have been adjusted in such a manner that reliance thereon will be possible, whereby the intention of parties with regard to the original provision or original part will remain in existence as much as possible.
Article 15. Amendments
At Sentièl we always put quality first. This is why we can offer a one year warranty to protect you against manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover damage sustained from rough handling of the watch, so please always treat your timepiece with the respect it deserves. If, however, your watch stops working at random, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a repair or a replacement. Once we have received your watch our experts will try to fix the problem. In case of an unfixable factory defect we’ll send you a new watch – free of charge.
Defects and damages due to loss, theft, fire, water, or a natural disaster.
Failure or damage caused by improper use, carelessness (knicks, dents, crushing, broken crystal/glass, etc.), or accidents.
Failure or damage caused by unjustifiable repair or modification.
Esthetical changes, defects, and damages due to normal wear and tear or aging (e.g. scratches on the case and/or crystal, alteration of the watchband and peeling of the plating, etc.).
Battery, wristband, crown, or crystal/glass.
Watches where the serial number is missing or has been erased, altered, falsified, replaced, defaced, or made illegible.
Note: We always try our best to return the exact same watch as the one that you fell in love with. However, sometimes it might not be available anymore as our collection might change from season to season. In this scenario you will be allowed to choose a watch similar in value to your original product.